Thursday, 15 October 2015

During weeks 1 and 2 Grade 2A have been beginning to learn about persuasive writing. This has been quite hard, but the following students have done a great job! Please read their work to see what is involved in persuasive writing.


A Lion Would Make a Great Pet
I'm sure you would like a lion as a pet. I think it would be good because it could protect me. It can wash itself and make friends with our other cat.

Everybody knows that there are predators. So the lion can fight them. The lion can also catch food for me so we don't waste money. He can give me a ride to school every day so I'm not late.

I believe a lion would make a good pet because it can share food with our other cat. It can play outside and it can run down the driveway to exercise.

Clearly you can see now a lion would make a great pet because it can protect me, ride us places fast, share food with the other cat, fight predators and catch food. Obviously now you know a lion would make a good pet.
                             By Chloe B


PE is better than Art
Surely you know PE is better than art because you can get exercise from playing games. It is also fun because you learn new skills.

Only an idiot would think that art is better because PE is good for your heart. This is good because you will be healthier.

Clearly you can see that you get energy from the sun and so you will have more energy. Don't you know that? Well it's true. This is good because you can play with your friends longer.

I know PE is better because you play fun games like: shooting games, chess passing games and bouncing ball games.

I really, truly, absolutely believe that PE is better than Art. Here are the reasons: it's good for your heart, more energy and fun games. Clearly you can see that PE is much better.
                                                                                                                              By Tehmi H


A Triceratops Would Make a Good Pet
I strongly believe that a triceratops would make an excellent pet because they are fierce and it could be a watch dog for my house.

I'm sure you know I can ride a triceratops to school and people would get out of the way.

Only an idiot would think a triceratops is a bad pet because they're one of the strongest animals in the world.

Right now you can see that triceratops is the best because they are fierce, you get to school fast, and they're mighty. See if you can beat that!
                                                                By Jacob S

No comments:

Post a Comment